Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Humor and Imagination

Ayden Jane often asks, "Am I funny?" (sounds a bit more like 'a my punny') She totally wants an affirmative answer. It seems she is full fulling her role of the youngest sibling who tends to be a bit of a clown. She takes great pride in being funny and will go to great lengths for a laugh. Here is one example: AJ was waiting for me to come read her a book and I was in the kitchen talking to Kayla. As typical, AJ became impatient so she pipes in with, "Kayla, stop talking." We chuckled at that and I told AJ, I was coming. She called back toward the kitchen to tell Kayla something and Noah piped in with, "Ayden Jane, stop talking." AJ totally got it, grinned and ran into the kitchen and made up something to talk to Kayla about. Of course, she ended it with, "a my punny?"

Imagination is beginning to show in a couple of ways. Ayden Jane is creating games for us to play and is becoming much more elaborate with her play with babies and toys. Today she cracked me up with a new 'game.' She was trying to climb a tree, so I off handedly asked her if she was a monkey. She said, "yes, I monkey George." It was cute but I did not think too much of it. We got into the car and on the way home I asked her a question about something. She told me that Ayden Jane was all gone that she was monkey George. Mckenna and I laughed and asked her where Ayden Jane went.... Shortly there after she said AJ was back and was so excited that we had missed her.... She was quite pleased with this new game. Yes, she transformed back and forth between monkey George and AJ many times on the way home. She loved having us miss her terribly and then be so thrilled each time she came back. (I am guessing this game will be old for mom very soon)

On a follow up note, so how did Ayden Jane handle the trip? Much better this time. I think it was a huge help to have her up and so active before we left. I definitely feel that her tone dropped from the car seat time, but I it was nothing like the last trip. Jen will be here tomorrow to give her input. The low tone trick AJ is up to these days that is driving me crazy is leaning on everything. It is like she melts into things and, of course, ends up knocking things over and falling constantly. She will melt into people, doors, curtains, chairs... some things are stable and some are not. Ayden Jane does not seem to notice this fact until the crash.


1 comment: