Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Language/PT/School

First language: Ayden Jane has become more imaginative, or maybe she can just now express her imagination. A few days ago AJ and I were out back playing and she asked me, "mom, you want to play a game?" I, of course, told her I did, although between you and me I was not too interested. Ayden Jane proceeded to ask me if I wanted to play a new game. Now I was interested. She began describing the game and making up rules and things to do. It did not make too much sense, but it was amazing to watch and listen to her create something and to be able, at least to some degree, explain what was in her head.

Next physical therapy: Jen was much happier with Ayden Jane's posture this week. (I have been too) Although the tape on her legs only lasted a couple of days, the benefits seemed to last longer. Ayden Jane had turned on the tone and pretty much kept it on. So Jen's plan was to not tape her this week and see how things went with our up coming trip... Part way into therapy, however, Ayden Jane asked her, "Jen, you brought you tape?" Jen told her she thought it was in her car and asked her through a series of questions if she wanted the tape on her and where. Ayden Jane was asking for tape on her legs. I believe this is a bit odd as Jen was surprised she would ask to be taped. Ayden Jane does seem to have a good ability to tell in her own way what she needs though. After taped, she again played with her balance a bit and gave Jen a laugh. Then she proceed to do a great job in therapy. I think my favorite was when Ayden Jane again became LOUD like she did after last weeks tape and Jen was able to witness and get a good laugh out of the tapes side effects.

So the plan for the trip this weekend is that we will leave about 12. I will take Ayden Jane to the park, bounce on our trampoline, go swimming... whatever works that morning to wear her out and be sure she is as 'on' as possible. Then she should nap at some point on the trip. About 2 1/2 to 3 hours in we will stop and stretch our legs... Then on to the last hour of the trip. We will be on a soccer field for about 2 1/2 hours so I will be sure to bring a few things for her to do. We will get dinner before heading back and it should be her bedtime by the time we are on the road again. Sunday we will know if car seat time is a major problem or if it was just the quantity and timing of the last trip that caused the problem.

Finally, school: Another student in Ayden Jane's class had a birthday this week. It came with cupcakes... for the kids. I had put some grain free mini muffins in the freezer that Ayden Jane calls cupcakes and told the teachers to give her 2 in place of whatever 'treat' was brought. I hear it went great. So far so good on that front. I have found the easiest place for problems to occur is in the liquids. I am not sure what to do about that, but I may end up sending in some almond milk too. Ayden Jane just does not really like water, okay she barely tolerates it without 'spiking' it. It is amazing how little of something I can put in it and she will be thrilled. Trying to get the teachers to understand that AJ can drink water with a dash of juice, not watered down juice. I guess I should send in a Tbs. and tell them she can have this much juice in her water. Hmmm. Just might try that!

3 comments:

  1. What my son likes when he has to take his miralax in water (he says he doesn't like it but to me it is tasteless) I put a drop of orange oil..it's made by Doterra...both kids love water this way (me too) and no calories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So where do you find these magic drops?

    ReplyDelete