Friday, February 11, 2011

Marathon Thoughts

One week from today will be marathon eve. The snowing out of last years marathon left me with such an unfinished feeling when the date past. It was strange... Now I feel like I have been preparing for this marathon for a year and a half! I have been mentally I guess, although I took quite a bit of time off from the running after last years non marathon.

I know that running a marathon does not solve anything for Ayden Jane, but there is something about setting out to do this and raise funds that just needs completing. Sort of like last year was a cop out. Like people donated money for the run but there was no run. Do they really care that there was no run? Do they want their money back? Of course not. Somehow though, I just need to cross that finish line to make us all square.

I wonder how I will feel after the marathon is over this year. Will I decide to never run another step? Will I be hooked forever? Will I somehow feel like I helped FPWR and really did something to improve AJ's life and the lives of all the other little ones I have fallen for over the past couple years? Or, will I again just have the, "Now what?" feeling.

Either way, the marathon will be behind me, funds will have been raised, I will have completed what I started out to do and I will be exhausted!

No comments:

Post a Comment