Friday, February 4, 2011

Preschool, Iron and Stuff

I was volunteering at Ayden Jane's school today. It is so adorable just to hang around and watch those cute little ones! It is fun to see Ayden Jane fit in so well and be so happy. Mrs. E pulled me aside for a moment to tell me what a great week or so Ayden Jane has had. I love it.

It definitely coincides with the addition of the new form of iron. I have looked at the dosage... of the iron she is getting in the new form and the dose she gets in her multivitamin. I am really beginning to think that it is less to do with total iron and more to do with form of iron. I sort of threw that question to one of our medical people and I believe the form definitely effects the absorption. So I (who, again, am just a mom) believe that Ayden Jane has just not been able to effectively absorb the iron in the multi, so is sort of not really getting that iron. The new form is obviously absorbed from the dramatic reaction. It is like AJ has been iron deficient even though she has been getting plenty of dietary iron. Just not a form she can use properly. This crazy syndrome is definitely more than enough to drive me crazy some times.

On other news, the marathon training is going well. I cannot believe it is only 2 weeks away!!!

As for the rest of the family, spring is beginning to come to life. For us that means soccer season and lots of out door play! Noah is playing for the varsity High School Team, Gary is coaching the JV team, Mckenna is back to her club soccer and Kayla decided to just hang around and help manage all of the above instead of playing. She also has her eye on the ocean temps. and waves and has plans to hit the waves with her wet suit as soon as possible and as often as possible. Can't believe that she is going off to college next year!

1 comment:

  1. Janet, what "form" of iron is it? You are right when you talk about this crazy syndrome. The nuances involved just seem overwhelming sometimes... really I think PW parents should get an honorary degree in nutrition.

    ReplyDelete