Sunday, February 13, 2011

Spring, Could It Be True?

Yesterday was a great day. The sort of day so typical in our lives that it was great. Mckenna had 2 soccer games in Charleston. One at 10 am and one at 3:45 pm. We left of the fields about 8 and Mckenna was great reading books and playing with Ayden Jane the whole way there. While she played her game, Ayden Jane ate some almonds and played with her babies. AJ was so good and just ran around in the fairly warm morning sunshine. Perfect.

I was not sure what to do between games, but Mckenna wanted to eat. We found a Chik fil A and they were having a Valentines party inside. Score! There was a lady making balloon animals and there was a big craft table with all the supplies for home made Valentines. Both girls had a great time so after a looooong lunch it was back to the fields.

Gary came and met us for the second game. Ayden Jane climbed all over him and the picnic tables and benches and, well, anything she could find. She wanted me to play soccer with her and kick the ball back and forth. Let's just say I don't think she is a budding star. I do love the enthusiasm though!

Mckenna played all of both games since they did not have any subs for the game and she loved it. She played awesome and it is always a bonus when you win. They won both games. Mckenna is the only girl on the team and she is doing great. I ask her from time to time if she minds being the only girl and she just answers, "I'd rather play with the boys. I know one day I will have to switch, but I don't really want to." Go get 'em. Mostly, she is just a happy 9 year old kid who wants nothing to do with the 'girl drama'. I am definitely proud of that!

And if a beautiful soccer filled spring day with a happy side line preschooler was not enough. Ayden Jane learned to chew gum yesterday. Wooo Hoooo!!! One less thing to say no to. She was pretty hilarious though. It seemed like every 30 seconds she wanted to show me the gum was still in her mouth so we could sing and dance and celebrate like fools. I will leave you with the picture of us on the crowded sideline, celebrating gum chewing every 30 seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment