Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Numbers, Numbers...

Not sure why the math connections are pouring in for Ayden Jane, but numbers are just all making sense now.  While in the car on the way back from Greenville she was talking (for over 4 hours...) and this came out.  She was talking about a boy she knows from school in the little kids class.  She said, if B is 2 than I am 3 years older than him, right?  And E is 3 so I am two years older than her. (pause....)  Hey Mom!  If you put B and E's old together they are the same as me!

Tonight at horses we were working on some things with repetition.  We did a lot and I told her 10 more.  She answered with a grin, "okay, 10 more and then 10 more cause that makes 20."

Then on the way home she wanted to count to 100.  She is at that point where she can do pretty well with it as long as you help her a little with the next 10.  You know: 38, 39 ____.  She was no where close to counting a while back when we last tried.  It was more like 21, 22, 26, 29, 28, 23, 40...

It has happened with other things where she does something in school or I try to teach her something and she seems to have no clue and be no where near understanding.  Then poof, a few weeks later she has it.  I guess I need to remind myself that she is always taking things in even when we can't see that her little brain is organizing all the stuff she is learning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment