Sunday, September 1, 2013

Kindergarten Update

Ayden Jane is rocking Kindergarten.  I have only heard positive feedback so far from her teachers and even from other parents who have seen her around school.

A friend who has seen Ayden Jane around school during these first 2 weeks said that she, "seems so happy and full of energy.  She has the Kindergarten thing down."  Wow.  Could I ask for a better review?

Realistically, I don't know whether AJ is talking much in school or just taking it all in.  I have my suspicions that she is keeping to herself a lot, but that's okay too.  She is seated next to her friend C from down the street.  They are a great combination.  They are pretty similar in the need for structure and their ability to analyze (talk repetitively about) a subject.  Having C by her side gives her confidence even though I don't really think that they play together much during the day.

I am doing my best to just stay out of the picture for now and just let them get to know Ayden Jane.  I will get in the mix in a few weeks to see if there are any areas we need to work on.  I really want the teachers to tell me anything we can work on.  It is a bit challenging because I am asking them to pick her apart and tell me her weaknesses.  Usually parents want you to tell them all the good stuff! 

Only down side is that Ayden Jane woke up this morning with a stuffy nose.  Please say a few prayers that we can kick it quickly and will not head down the dreaded sinus infection path! 

No comments:

Post a Comment