Thursday, September 19, 2013

Odd and Ends

So much is going on and I am way behind.  Let the rambling begin! 

First up, our endocrinology visit and labs.  Hey, lets get the boring stuff out of the way.  We saw Dr. Clarke and our weight and height check was good.  Not perfect, but she is sitting at 90th percentile for height and 95th for weight.  That brings her BMI back in check from our last visit.  Basically she looks good.  Maybe not as lean as I would like, but definitely comparative to our other kiddos at that age.

We drew labs as well.  I thought that we were going to leave with orders for fasting labs, but we just drew them instead.  So the results?  Mostly all good.  Mysterious eosinophils still a big high... IGF1 a bit high and cholesterol high.  Soooo, we are going to draw the lipids and IGF1 fasting to see where that leads us.  I am just not worrying about it until then.

For now we are choosing to just concentrate on the One Small Step walk.  Ayden Jane is having so much fun with it.  She even asked me tonight why all those people are coming to walk just for her.  She also occasionally comments when she looks at her growing chain, "wow Mom, look how many people love me and are cheering me on!"  It is so cute.

Kindergarten seems to be going well.  We did have our first meltdown tonight over handwriting.  I have a feeling it is the first of many to come:(  It is hard for her and she sees that her peers can do it.  I think it is time for me to figure out how to hit it harder.  Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment