Thursday, June 10, 2010

Abs looking better, but what about those hips?

I am heading out of town tomorrow morning for my brother's wedding and I haven't even started to pack but I just had to do a quick update.

PT this week was great. Jen definitely feels that Ayden Jane is getting stronger and is very impressed with the ab work. The belly does not poke out so much and AJ is getting pretty good at sit ups on the exercise ball. I am not sure I could do them! I think the bump in gh has really settled in. I did ask her though about the way that AJ is bringing her knees together when she is bending ready to jump, and even some when running. Looks like a bit of hip weakness is back and she is slightly rotating when she does these things. It just looks to me like a 'less athletic' stance. You know, running a bit like your legs aren't quite under control. Now, to just maintain the abs and strengthen the hips at the same time. We shall see.

On the speech front, I think there have been some noteworthy changes. One example was in the car the other day. Ayden Jane saw a scrape on Mckenna's chin and said, "Mckenna have a owy on you chin. Does it hurt?" That second sentence is the one that is new. AJ has become conversational and asks questions... Of course, only when she is in the mood, but it is wonderful to know she CAN...

Lastly, food. Lately Ayden Jane has been putting off eating until she is completely unreasonable. I know this sounds nuts, but today she ate about 1 of her 2 scrambled eggs and the bit of applesauce I gave her to get the supplements down for breakfast. Then she did eat some almonds and tomato for snack at school about 11. She did not eat a THING until 3:30 after that and even at that I had to cave and give her a piece of dark chocolate to even get her to think about food. Finally, after I demanded she eat a hard boiled egg white if she wanted to go swimming she got into the swing of things. She followed up the egg with some chicken salad and off to the pool we went. I managed to get some avacado in her with supplements before bed. The problem with this is that she becomes a whiny, unreasonable grouch when this happens. I try really hard not to fall for the, just give her something... routine. Usually, I can get away with giving her some fruit to get her going, but recently she will just eat the blueberries and say all done. Grrrrr. I know, enjoy it now. Soon enough...

1 comment:

  1. Crazy that sometimes you have to struggle to get these kids to eat when later it will be the opposite! I still do not understand this.

    ReplyDelete