Monday, June 21, 2010

Eyes

There has been a bit of talk lately about PWS and eye problems. I decided to have our pediatrician refer us to a local opthamologist to check her out. Today was the day and it was great. The eye Dr. started our conversation with, "wow. she doesn't look anything like the PWS patients I've seen before." I took that as a grand compliment. I do find the kids with PWS to be beautiful children, but at this point I love to hear that Ayden Jane looks like your average 2 yr. old. There I was all ready for my usual spiel on PWS. You know. First the quick over view version and then the more detailed one once you figure out if this is a Dr./person who really cares to know any more than that.

He declared her eyes straight on, which is fabulous news. He said that there may be a mild refraction, but likely the slightest he has seen in a patient with a history like hers. We return in July after a few days of drops to check on that more closely. Hopefully she will glide by that one just as easily. On to endocrinology on Wed.

No comments:

Post a Comment