Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Updates and Growing Up

We are about a week into the increase in gh and the addition of iron. So far, Ayden Jane has actually been sleeping more which I think is odd. Both gh and iron should theoretically give her more energy... I am just chalking it up to growing and playing hard for now. The other odd thing going on is that Ayden Jane has been THIRSTY. In the past, she would occasionally ask for a drink, but usually I would have to just keep one in front of her. She would drink her almond milk or water... but it would take a loooong time. She showed no signs of dehydration so I left it at that. This week? She has been demanding liquid and has downed 8 oz. of liquid in no time flat! I think more than double her liquid intake is notable. The only other thing different, is that Mckenna has been giving her pistachios frequently. I am going to have her cool it on the nuts and see if it is just the salt. If things don't settle after that, I will need to investigate further. grrr.

The other big news is that Ayden Jane has moved out of our room. We have not left her with us due to any concerns for her, just because we really don't have any place else to put her. Mckenna has bunk beds and we knew that AJ would be moving in, but we wanted to wait until Mckenna was done with school. Today was the day. Mckenna and I cleaned her room and moved Mckenna to the top bunk. Now that may sound like a quick thing to do, but Mckenna sleeps with her collection of stuff animals (mostly webkinz) and lets say it was like moving the animal shelter and zoo combined. After she was satisfied that all the animals were happy in thier new homes, Mckenna set up Ayden Jane's bed. It was very sweet. Mckenna has been waiting for this and is very happy to have a room mate. Those two are quite a pair. Hard to believe there are 6 1/2 years between them.

Now due to the possibility of night wanderings on Ayden Jane's part, we are putting up a baby gate across the hallway. I was a big sleep walker as was Kayla, our oldest. (just ask her how she broke her arm!) I figure between that and PWS there could be some night time action. The gate will make it so AJ can get across the hall to Gary and I, but not out to the living room and kitchen. She will often just get up and play quietly from naps... so we don't want to take any chances. We have been really lucky with AJ so far because she sleeps through the night and does not wake up too early in the am. Both are not always true of kids with PWS.

On the Momma side of it all, she was starting to look pretty big in her crib, but she looks really little in her 'big girl bed'. I guess there really aren't any more babies in the house. I even hear I will one day miss stepping on tiny little toys in my bare feet!

1 comment:

  1. We still have Dean in our room for the same reason. I have no clue when we'll get him out. :)

    ReplyDelete