Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Eyes

Well, the pws board has once again been my source of information. I asked about what to watch for in kids with PWS regarding eyes. The answer came back, strabismus. I sort of knew that strabismus had something to do with a crossing eye, but that was about it. Now I know that there is also something called pseudostrabismus where it looks a bit as if one or both eyes are turned in, but there is actually no strabismus. How can this be? How can you tell the difference? Check out this website and it should become clear. (No I did not find this, a wise friend did all the leg work, but I don't think she would mind my sharing. )http://www.health.state.mn.us/divs/fh/mch/webcourse/vision/pseudostrabismus.cfm

For now I think that Ayden Jane has a touch of the pseudostrabismus, but I am still taking her to see the eye doc and let him decide. I will shine a light in her eyes a bit over the next week or so and snap some pictures if I find anything a miss to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment