Saturday, June 4, 2011

Pneumonia

Ayden Jane has been remarkably healthy through her first 3 1/2 years. No ear infections and only a few nasty colds. She even made it through the first year of preschool! Well, it seems her downfall has come in the form of inhaling water! She loves to swim and her favorite game lately is to swim away from me and have me chase and catch her. Only problem is that she is not a good enough swimmer to laugh and swim at the same time.

Now for the bad parenting part of the story. This happened on Monday afternoon. I thought something was odd the one time she came up... but she was undeterred so I just left it alone. She was coughing some that night and into the next day Tue. but was acting as normal as ever and I just figured she needed a break in the swimming. Wed. came and by afternoon, during PT we started to realize something was not quite right. We finished PT, put AJ down for a nap and then I took her to Jen's house so she could play with the kids during Kayla's graduation. When I picked her up she was running a fever and sounded AWFUL. Jen was worried too, so I promised to take her in the next morning. As for that night? AJ came with me to Kayla's graduation party. She fell asleep on the chaise by the pool. It is rough being a 4th child, but I just really wanted to be at the party!

Sure enough the next morning the doc heard something he was not happy with in the right mid lobe so on the antibiotics we are, but the x-rays looked okay. That was 2 days ago. Ayden Jane is feeling much better in that her energy and personality are coming back to normal, but she has sooooo much junk in her it is amazing. The cough is horrendous and her ribs HAVE to be sore. Hope she clears all this stuff soon!

In other news, IT IS SUMMER!!! All the kids are out of school!

In PT on Wed. Jen was NOT happy with a weird posture thing that AJ is doing. I doubt it is related to the pneumonia, but I guess I can hope. She is rotating so that all her weight is on one hip (the right one). She ended up taping one leg, but with everything else going on I think we will have to get to the bottom of it next week. Crazy tone. It still just does not like to stay on and it seems AJ devises ways to allow as much tone as possible to be turned off when she is static. Especially during growth spurts... Glad I have Jen to keep her evened out!

No comments:

Post a Comment