Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Swimming Like a Big Kid and Kites

So today after Mckenna's swim team practice I spoke to her coach for a minute. He is a bit hard to have a poolside conversation with because he has a Portuguese accent and the pool area is noisy... but I was trying to ask him what he might be able to do with Ayden Jane. Basically, she is on a mission to swim out to the middle of the pool with no plan on how she can possibly return to solid ground. She also likes to swim to the bottom of the 3 1/2 feet and wait to see how long it will take me to get her... You get the picture. I just don't think that putting her in swim lessons for a 3 yr old is going to help much. I also don't think she will be able to listen well enough or have the motor control to put her in with older kids. I don't know if you can actually teach a 3 year old to swim 'like a big kid'. That is what I was trying to ask him. Anyway, he suggested that I put AJ in a swim suit and then after practice next week he will take a look at what she can do and what he might be able to teach her.

Ayden Jane was really cute when coach Fabio was trying to talk to her. She just looked at him and then just as we were done and he was starting to turn and walk off, she looked at me, grinned and said, "he gonna teach me to swim like a big kid?" I sure hope she is capable! It would definitely reduce the stress of pool time this summer.

This evening Gary was put on call so we decided to head out to the beach for a nice evening swim. The ocean was rough and the breeze was chilly so Ayden Jane was finished swimming before Mckenna. Gary stayed in the water and helped Mckenna surf and AJ and I watched a couple girls fly kites. Ayden Jane was fascinated with them. She just watched (and asked questions) and enjoyed. Yes, Gary promised her he would take her to buy a kite tomorrow. How can you say no to that sweet little voice. She was telling him all about them and asked with lots of pleases.

No comments:

Post a Comment