Monday, June 6, 2011

Summer Fun

It has been 5 days on the antibiotics and Ayden Jane is still very junky. We went to the beach for the past couple of days to do a sort of natural saline therapy. It has helped, but there seems to still be so much in there. I think if she is not cleared up by the end of the week I will have to take her back in.

As for the beach, Ayden Jane LOVES it. We were there yesterday and she was having so much fun. She asked me if we can go surfin', every day, forever! There are no words for how happy I am that she is a beach bum through and through!! Mckenna is 10 and now loves to surf so she loves the beach and to have them both happy at the same place is awesome, but to have them both happy at the same place and that place be just a mile down the road and my favorite place.... what more could I ask for! (Okay, so maybe to be able to actually read a book there once in a while would be nice but I'll take what I can get!)

Ayden Jane has started to 'surf'. Actually she is riding a boogie board, but she thinks she is surfin' so I go with it. I help her get up on her belly on the board and balanced. Then give her a push into the wave and she rides it in! Well, usually. She has taken her share of spills, but she comes up happy every time. It is adorable and exhausting on both of us. She also loves to just go out waist or so deep (on her) and jump the waves. She tends drift out to chest depth, but a good size wave sends her back. She will allow me to stand close by, but does not want me to touch her! I figure it has to be some sort of therapy because it is hard work out there.

I do need to get my act together and start to really work some fine motor skills. Ayden Jane's attention span for sitting still and working those things is not good. She will always start things like coloring or cutting with enthusiasm, but gets frustrated very quickly and wants to move on in no time. It is strange to me. She will work soooo hard and soooo long on gross motor skills but just does not like to work the fine stuff. I am hoping to get into a bit of a routine where we can get the wiggles out with swimming.... and then sit down and really get some quality time on the fine motor. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment