Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Just Might Work

Well, Jen (PT) and I were talking during physical therapy today about little miss seeks-a-lot. We were revisiting an idea we started on a month or so ago. We were creating a sort of weighted cozy animal idea and then I just didn't follow through as, of course, her need slipped away. I think we are going to move forward. Here is the plan. I am getting Ayden Jane a weighted lap pad. They are about 12" x 18" and my plan is to then make a way to attach it inside a cozy gund animal (the ones that zip open). The result will hopefully be a very soft, adorable, weighted friend that can go anywhere with her and is completely washable. She also loves the weighted vest she wears during these times during therapy. I am hoping that her new blanket/friend will replace the need to carry 85 animals with us wherever we go!

Ayden Jane's verbal skills were good today. New to her list of words she knows that I had no idea she knew - cantaloupe. Yep, took me a good long time during the car ride home to figure out what in the world she was asking for. I had just bought one during the quick run into the grocery store because they are Mckenna's favorite. Later, Kayla was taking Mckenna to the High School for the school play. Ayden Jane went to Kayla all sad and said, "Ayla, me come with you too." We laughed and all agreed that one came out very clear. Oh, and yes, Kayla took her because she was soooo cute about asking and very attached to Kayla. They haven't spent too much time together over the winter due to basketball season and Ayden Jane is so happy to have Kayla back.

No comments:

Post a Comment