Sunday, February 7, 2010

New stuff, fun stuff

Ayden Jane came to me this morning and she was chattering on about something. She was very excited and kept repeating what she was trying to say. At first I was sort of sad that she was trying so hard but I couldn't understand her. We kept at it until she drug me into the other room to explain. Later, same scene different words. Yes, again for the third time in the day. Only now I began to look at it in a new light. I was not understanding Ayden Jane because she was using words I had no idea she even knew. She was trying to communicate more complicated ideas and she was not getting frustrated (I was but not AJ). In the end, I think a few 'big squeezes' are in order along with tons of interest from Mommy in whatever she is trying to say. Definitely one of those days where none of my 'important' tasks is as important as what is going on before my eyes in a little 2 yr. old ball of energy and wonder.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited that I found your blog! I have an 18 mo. old with PWS-UPD. Its so inspiring and comforting to read about other families going through the same experiences!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you enjoy. I felt the same way. So thankful to read about those kids just a step or two ahead. Hope you little one is doing well.

    ReplyDelete