Friday, February 26, 2010

Two Year Old Fun

Between the times where Ayden Jane is tearing apart the house or climbing things she shouldn't or drawing on her legs or yelling IIIIII DO she is quite the goofy little one. She is very into being the center of attention and not ever being left behind.

Particularly when we are in the car, she demands center stage. When others are having a conversation she will begin with, "Ha. Ha, ha." Other favorites will be to call our names and then ask for something we don't even have in the car or just say "look me." The laughing usually works quite well as really none of us can resist laughing with her. Then her fake laughs turn into true toddler belly laughter and there is no better sound these days.

She is also quick to get the clue that someone is leaving. She will run to them and announce she is going too. Selective hearing has already begun. We don't even realize she is listening and she suddenly totally comprehends.

She is also quite the imitator. She will even imitate herself. She was calling for me from across the house and I, of course, sprinted to find her. Not. I did answer back and she found me. Once to me, she starts telling me the story of how she walked through the house calling, "Mom, where are you." It is very funny to listen to her as she 'tells' the story and she does the voice you use when you are talking quietly but sort of imitating someone yelling. So cute.

Her pretend play has also become so fun to watch. Tonight she was pulling 'Big Mick Mick', a stuffed Mickey Mouse about as big as she is, on her bike. The bike tipped and Mick Mick took a tumble. Ayden Jane put the bike upright (with appropriate grunting at how hard the work was) and then picked up Mick Mick and said, "I sorry Mick Mick. Try again. Hold tight Mick Mick..." As she proceeded to get on her bike with Mick Mick to keep him safe this time she informs me, "Bye, Mom. I be right back. I go shopping." Aaaahhhh a few moments of peace in the day. Now if I can just put the place back together again so we will be ready for tomorrows tornado.

1 comment:

  1. Ayden Jane sounds like she knows just what she wants,she is a little star and doing so well with her talking,Lucy is only just managing a few words and not all put together like that..........Go Ayden Jane!!!!

    ReplyDelete