Thursday, February 4, 2010

Mckenna

Okay, so I know the point of this blog is to keep you all up on Ayden Jane and the challenges of PWS... I couldn't resist this one though. Mckenna (8) gets in the car today as I picked her up from school and starts the conversation with, "well, I guess karate sure comes in handy." I was almost afraid to ask, but I did. "there is this kid, he is supposed to be in 4th grade but he failed and he is sort of a bully. He has been picking on _______ and ________. Today he jacked them up against a wall, so I pinned him so they could get away." Now, first you have to understand that in Mckenna's top 10 list of best friends, maybe 2 are girls. The two she was referring to are not. After some more questioning, I discovered that the boys who were having trouble did tell the teacher and the bully did receive detention... I do not think that anything serious was going on, but I did find it funny when I asked her if the bully ever bothered her, she said, "he started to a little, but trust me, he doesn't mess with me any more." Now part of me wants to tell her to keep her hands to herself and not get into trouble, but a bigger part of me thinks she is doing great. I think Ayden Jane will be well protected.

No comments:

Post a Comment