Friday, March 5, 2010

2 week turn around

It seems that Ayden Jane has kept to her 2 week seeking pattern. The 2 weeks have past and her seeking is now calmer. Ayden Jane seems to have gained some new skills or at least changes. I think that the physical changes have been core related. Evidence for such is that she can suddenly balance on one foot to step into her croc with the other foot. She has been practicing doing this for a while, but would always take the shoes to a place where she could hold on to something for balance. Now, she just straightens them and puts them on in the middle of the floor. She is also stepping off good sized steps with her arms full (okay not all seeking is gone) without hesitation. We are working on walking on a line and statically standing heel toe. She is doing great with it. The other core based thing is VOLUME. Did you hear how loud I said that? She is having fun yelling for us from the other room and is will make herself heard when she thinks she is being ignored. I would have definitely told my others to talk quietly at her age, but I figure she should just go for it.

As for the upcoming weighted critter, I have the lap pad and cover and I am waiting on the monkey cozy blanket Ayden Jane picked. It is not the zipper variety as Ayden Jane is not a fan of the texture of those. The lap pad cover is fairly thick and has a great Velcro opening. I am going to take the monkey blanket and the pad and cover to a friend who is a seamstress. She does slip covers for sofa's, curtains... serious sewing. She is going to devise the best way to put the pad into the monkey where it will be secure and yet easy to remove for cleaning. I am really excited about it as I have put Ayden Jane to bed a couple times with the pad wrapped in a blanket and she loves it. The monkey cozy looks a bit like Curious George, the only show Ayden Jane will watch. I am hoping for a home run with this one.

Well, I have much more to say, but it will have to wait. Mommyhood calls.

No comments:

Post a Comment