Monday, March 29, 2010

Strange things a foot

Ayden Jane is coming out of her shell. I mean WAY OUT. It is absolutely amazing. Tonight we went to a soccer game Gary was coaching. It was an away game at a nearby high school. I only mention that to make the point that Ayden Jane had never been there before. She was hilarious. She hung out on the bench with Dad, had an orange slice or two and talked with the boys. Then she climbed her way up to me and danced and climbed on me. That's not too strange, but when other moms spoke to her she answered them and smiled and performed... Then, all on her own, she went to a couple of them and leaned on them and fished for thier attention. Of course they obliged and Ayden Jane was thrilled. As I was saying goodbye to some of the boys parents, Ayden Jane piped in, "see ya later." It was as if I brought a different child with me.



After the game Ayden Jane was chatting up a storm. She informed Gary, "Come on Dad, let's go to Hubaway (Subway)." All the while dancing and jumping around. She easily walked the 1/4 mile back to the car swinging her arms and bouncing as usual. She trotted toward every puddle she could find and tried to get her sister to play tag.



It is so hard to put into words how dramatically different she was. I mean, that is the goofy kid we hang out with at home with our family, but outside of home she is normally... in a shell? or a daze? or just 'taking it all in'? overwhelmed? You know the comments we get as parents of a child with PWS: she looks sleepy, she is so quiet, she is so well behaved, it must have been a long day for her... Not tonight. Tonight she was playful and mischievous and adorable and social. What will tomorrow hold? I hope it is a new trend.

No comments:

Post a Comment