Monday, March 8, 2010

Lab Results

Dr. Clark called today with the results of Ayden Jane's lab work. In order to put things in perspective, I have to say that in Nov. when we were in Fl. the lab results were a bit high for her gh (IGF -1) level. That is to say she was above the normal range, but Dr. Miller was okay with that because her bp (binding protein) was also elevated. Basically, there was more gh than 'normal' floating around, but there was enough bp to 'mop it up' so she was okay with it. This time her gh is high normal. That is pretty much just what we want. Ayden Jane has had a pretty big growth spurt the last month or two so I guess the numbers in Nov. were just her little body revving up. We have decided to hold tight with the .4 dosage, but Dr. Clark is willing to consider bumping it up a bit before I return and the testing that dosage to decide whether to stay with it. Sounds reasonable to me. I sent all the numbers off to Dr. Miller in Fl to get her opinion as well. I also asked the question of her, "why does Ayden Jane seem to need less gh than most kids with pws?" (her dose is low if done by weight and she is lean) Now I know the standard answer is just that they are all different... I know that, I am just curious if she has any theories as to why they vary so much in their need for gh. I will let you know if she has any good ideas that I can understand.

So, lets just recap where we are with supplements... at nearly 2 1/2.

27 pounds 35 3/8 inches
.4 gh daily
B-12 methylcobalamin liquid 2500 mcg/day split into 3 doses
cyanocobalamin 1500-2000 mcg/day split into 2 doses (breakfast and lunch)
Nordic Naturals fish oil + CoQ10 1 gel cap morning and one at night
Carnitine Fumarate 600 mg split into morning and night doses
Creatine 1/4 tsp. morning and night.
Schiff liquid vitamins 5mls morning and night
Ribose 1/8 tsp. per day (this is new and I am working on the dosage)

No comments:

Post a Comment