Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Physical Therapy

Ayden Jane worked hard during physical therapy today. Jen put ankle weights on her and a band around her abdomen. I am not really sure what the ankle weights were for, but the belly band was to try to get those belly muscles to 'stay turned on.' We worked lots of different things from arms down through belly. Homework this week includes working more on catching balls-catching not directly on mid line, walking on the 'balance beam' in our living room (scrap plank of hard wood flooring elevated a few inches off the ground) and reaching for things in the wheel barrow position. Lucky for me, Mckenna will be more than happy to handle much of the ball and balance beam work. I just need to work in the wheelbarrow.

As for language, I think my favorite thing right now is that Ayden Jane actually has a bit of a southern accent. It comes out in the word can't. I will hear her from her car seat, "Mom, I caain't reach." Or, "I caain't get my hock (sock) on."

Speaking of socks, Ayden Jane is obsessed. She does not like to wear her own socks, likely because they are harder to get on. Or maybe just because she likes to wear everyone elses. Either way, she changes socks all day long and they look more like leg warmers. Today I picked up 17 socks in the livingroom! I cannot tell you how excited I was today when she went barefoot for a little while. She even went outside barefoot. Wooo hooo.

No comments:

Post a Comment