Monday, March 15, 2010

Gone are the days...

There once was a day when Ayden Jane was quiet. I mean eerily quiet. Other PWS moms know the sort of quiet I mean. Surrounded by all the crying babies in the hospital, but not a peep out of Ayden Jane. Blood draws, not a sound. Time to eat, still no crying. Gary jokingly told the special care nursery nurses he would give $100 to the first one to make her cry.

That was 2 1/2 years ago. Flash forward to today. Kayla was trying to watch TV and Ayden Jane was working on a puzzle. She noticed the 'tweet tweet' was missing. She started calling, "tweet, tweet! WHERE ARE YOU? TWEET TWEET..." Of course, I noticed it was driving Kayla crazy so I gave Ayden Jane a play cell phone and told her to call the bird. Let's just say that 20 minutes later she proved she does not understand the concept of a telephone. She considers it a megaphone and called all the animals in the puzzle. Kayla was pleading with me to get her to stop so she could hear herself think. Me? I was very much enjoying watching little sister drive big sister crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment